This policy provides protection for all Insureds and Insured persons for their legal liability for compensation arising from personal injury or property damage.
Loss includes, but is not limited to:
- Legal Advisor’s fees and court costs
- Reasonable Expenses incurred with the Insurer’s written consent (these do not include loss of wages, loss of earnings or profits)
A Loss must arise out of an insured’s “Business”. “Business” means –
“all activities undertaken by the Insured and connected with the Sport (Football) including responsibilities as landlord, tenants, property owners and organisers of social and fund-raising activities”.
Limit of Liability:
|Public Liability||$25,000,000 any one occurrence|
|Products Liability:||$25,000,000 in the aggregate|
|Basic Excess:||$1,000 (Nil for Bodily Injury Claims) and as per policy|
Where is cover provided?
Cover is provided anywhere in the world other than USA or Canada
Examples of claims under this section include:
- A spectator contracts food poisoning after purchasing a pie from the club canteen on a match day. They sue the pie manufacturer and the club. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Products Liability section would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club.
- A player is running during a match and is injured when they stand on an uneven piece of ground. They sue the local council and the home club for failing to provide a safe environment. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Public Liability policy would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club.
- The goal posts collapse during a match, injuring a player. The player or their family sue the club. The FA participating States & Territories Programme Public Liability policy would cover the defence costs and damages payable by the club
For a copy of the full policy document, please refer to the Important Documents page.